Brand new operatic sensation Stella Maris Trio present a fresh interpretation of musical treasures from the world of Opera in their Gala Concert “Tragic and Comic Musical Moments”.
50% discount is available with proof of benefits. Get your advance tickets from our Bookings page.
The programme takes you on a spellbinding tour of some of the most tear-jerking tragic arias, duets and piano masterpieces during the first half. Then you will cry and possibly roar with laughter as some of the comic highlights of the operatic repertoire are gleefully presented; from Handel, Rossini, Tchaikovsky, and Offenbach, to name but a few.
Stella Maris Trio is a new ensemble based in Exeter formed by three professional musicians living in Devon and Somerset. The trio members are graduates of the best European music institutions such as the Academy of Music in Milan and Oxford University; the youngest member Victoria is currently studying at the Royal Northern College of Music.
The musicians have an extensive performing experience in the UK and abroad. The combination of two different voice types, soprano and mezzo-soprano accompanied by the piano, gives a rich range of concert repertoire to perform, including arias and duets for singers and piano solo pieces.
1. F. Chopin: Prélude in D flat Major Op. 28, No. 15 “Raindrop”
2. C.W. Gluck: Orfeo ed Euridice, aria “Che fiero momento”
3. V. Bellini: Adelson e Salvini, aria “Dopo l’oscuro nembo”
4. E. Satie: Gnossienne No. 1
5. C.W. Gluck: Orfeo ed Euridice, duet “Vieni, appaga il tuo consorte! – No, piu
cara a me la morte”
6. L. V. Beethoven: Pathéthique Sonata No. 8, 2nd movement
7. G. Bizet: Carmen, Carmen’s Habanera
1. J. Offenbach: The Tales of Hoffmann, duet “Belle nuit, ô nuit d’amour”
2. G.F. Handel: Alessandro, aria “Lusinghe più care”
3. J. Offenbach: La Perichole, aria “Ah quel diner”
4. G. Rossini: The Duetto buffo di due gatti
5. C. Debussy: Le petit nègre
6. W. A. Mozart: Cosi fan tutte, duet “Prendero quell brunettino”
7. F. Schubert: Marche Militaire D733 No.1
8. P.I. Tchaikovsky: The Queen of Spades, duet “My darling little friend”